Incomplete Zero

Completing the Nothingness

Thursday, August 14, 2003

Return to Innocence

Languages and their nuances always interested me and I feel I have a natural felicity in picking them up. France and the French language have always enchanted me. So I enrolled in the French classes which started from today on campus.

I entered late into the class and the teacher was a short, plump, loudly dressed, middle -aged woman .But she opened her and she took me to my younger days. Learning a language involves becoming a kid. Specially a language like French where there is lot of emphasis on getting the inflection right and the whole class has to shout out the words.

She handled the class with the tenderness of the most liked primary school teacher in school and the dignity of the head of the Institution. She brought out the innocence in most of the class. The same innocence that we had as kids and lost during growing up.

Words can’t describe the feeling that she evoked in me...Teachers have a great power to influence a child’s and an adult's mindalike. At IIML we have great, average and mediocre professors. The truly good ones make you feel the worth of the place you r studying in. But after school I have rarely found teachers of the same caliber who command respect just by the way they conduct themselves.

Whenever I ponder upon my future I’m terrified. I know I’m not cut out for the regular MBA job which would entail meeting sales targets and other stupid things. I want lead a life where each and everyday Ill be getting up and going off to do things that really excite me and would be an outlet for my skills. If I could turn back time, I would have taken up literature....Alas I can’t....I want to take up teaching. I taught for a year and it was satisfying. I think twud gimme time for pursuing my other interests...

Maxim Gorky: There is no lack of opportunity for making money out of something you like, what lacks is resolve....


Hopefully twenty years from now I won’t be regretting that should have taken the road not taken


Ill put down one of my favorite poems by Robert Frost -"The Road Not Taken” which was made even special by my teacher who was the one who initiated me to the world of reading ...


TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth; 5

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same, 10

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back. 15

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference. 20


Ages hence ppl hvaent been able to undertstand the nature of the sigh the poet mentions in the last stanza..is it a sigh of relief or despair???????




Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 1:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    San Diego is having a Hot Rod Halloween on Sunday, October 30. If you love custom show suv truck then you will want to be there! All kinds of custom show suv truck will be in attendance. For more information go to custom show suv truck
    See Ya There!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home