Incomplete Zero

Completing the Nothingness

Tuesday, August 05, 2003

Love at Old Post Office Bus Stop

Been a long time since i last wrote something.Actually never been so jobless.Xams chal rahe hain.the only other time i was so jobless was during my summer project at bangalore ,which was a paid vacation.

Twas in a way like summers as a kid .. each summmer was about a fascination for a new game played at a neighbour's place and pestering...mom to buy it ....finally when it got into our hands we'd already played enough to get sick and tired of it.

By fifteen i had friends all over the place and twas one such friend of my that set me off one my first tour into the lives and minds of the "fairer" and "lovelier" sex .

One fine day this a class mate who was a year older than me asked me to stay over for some time ater school .He asid we'd hang out in the canteen.After a few rounds of coffee and biscuits ..we started for the bus stop(the bust stop was final stop for many buses as our school was at the end of the city ..all buses stopped for 20 minutes )..and lo behold in a few minutes hordes of gulrz turn up.My all boys missionary school was separated by a small lane(six feet) from an all gurlz missionary school.The gurlz of standard ten had classes till 5 compared to us and every body else in their school...so my good friend had bought me coffee so that i cud accompany him in the the art of line marofying..

My post pubescent mind was occupied by my teachers and non veg jokes... so there was not even an inkling of a thought bout gurlz my age and dating them.....anywhere on my mental horizon.a few days passed by and i came to know the names of all the pretty gurls and all the studs in our school who are busy trying their luck .....

A week later my mature(read "over ripe") friend says that a PYT actually liked me...it seems that his cousin(the "babe" of the gurlz school) had told him.Me, innocent me....asked the master ,the zen, my all knowing friend .."now what am i to do."... he said nonchalantly(like azhar bhai flicking) "jus give her a card ..yaar"

So good ol me like good ol movie star appraoched her and gave her a card .. she after reading (or was it speed reading???) the card..said "YES".Bas aur kuch nahi....aur... pyaar ..ho... gaya. aur shuru hua silsila bus mein ..talkathon kaa.....a few days later i was on my first( and last i think......) group date(my friend and his cousin)........we went to the snazziest ice cream parlour....and ordered the costliest ice creams ...the gurlz just had a few scoops as if making modern art in the bowl of ice cream and stopped eating they were talking instead....wahan ice cream pighal raha tha aur yahan mera dil kyon ki jeb jal rahi thi..

One fine evening the gurl'z mom called home after finding out that her daughter was seeing this guy from the gurlz school principal..who had spies at her majesty's service informing her of all the gurlz who were going around with boys school guys..intricate network it was..ladki ki maa ne meri maa ko senti kiya.." aap ke bete ke wajah se meri beti ki padhai kharaab ho rahi hai".My mom opens the door to my room and says "tere karan mujhe aaj kya kya sunna padha". She questioned me and i blurted out that the gurl was the same person who rang up daily with a unisexual name "kiran" pretending to be my classmate with a voice that cud not be called boyish.

Okay.....mother sentiment instilled , me went to school the next day and told my mature(read "over ripe") friend ..that tis over ..finito ..He said "tu ek ladki ka dil todega??" main bola .."meri maan meri tange tod degi".. He managed to tell me about the sensitivity of a gurl'z heart and the routineness in parents' behavior.

So ..love story continued and me also went for a movie ...Then..enter the dragon..mera baap.Now he is the kinda guy whom i wud describe as the UDTE HUAY PANCHI KE PAR counting type.... He figured out that playing sports cudnt possibly be the reason for my coming late daily(my dad is in the merchant navy and had come back , my mom dint tell him )me was faar from atheltic..He deploys the second spy on me...my good for nothing ..totally vella in life ..cousin who had come from a kerala...the dude bought me a fountain pepsi a day and i gave my love story away...

Another fine evening...my dad calls me into the balcony and asks me "whats up" main bola "what"?? he said "hero mat ban" and he then went on to gimme lecture on the malfunctioning matters of the heart and asked me to bypass gurlz for studies. What my father said then on love was wonderful but then it wud destroy the levity of this storytelling session.

So armed with love gyan i go to school again ..and tell my mature(by now u must be reading .."over ripe")friend that this time twas over for good. He said "ladki ka dil todega" i said balls "main teri tange tod doonga"

Thus ended my first brush (or shud i say crush) with a member of the "fairer and lovelier" sex. Within two months i ahad another short 30 day relationship..but that was the last one ...dont jump to conclusions that i have become gay since..but things dint work out and ....i became more finicky/choosy by the day.

Now i wud settle for someone who does atleast one fo the following:reads good stuff, has a thing serious cinema or listens to rock music or atelast simon and garfunkel..My friends say tis jus about wavelength and ask me to forget about books, music and movies....but i cant coz they r my life. I believe that to spend a lifetime together a couple must have atleast one common interest.


In utopia ..id be lying on the sofa reading my book while shez lying on my lap reading hers...and we'd be telling each other the lines that arrest our senses.............Amen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home